Thursday, March 12, 2009

WW2

My grandfather who is now dead, but lived to his 80's, was a pilot in world war 2.  When he was alive he used to tell me all these crazy stories about his flights, so this blog is purely based off my memory, which if I do say so myself is quite stellar.  Back to the story.  My grandfather Pierce had just finished college at yale university two years prior.  For these two years my grandfather sold sugar for a living, and he hated it.  After two years he had had enough of sugar and wanted to do something else for a living.  His brother was going through med school which sounded interesting to him but he really wasn't sure what he wanted to do.  Ultimately he wanted some time to think things over, and he liked the idea of flying planes, so he joined the air force.  He didn't join the air force because propaganda convinced him, or because he wanted to show his pride for his country.  He simply didn't know what he wanted to do, so in order to buy himself time he joined the Air Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment