Friday, April 24, 2009

The Brandenburg Gate

I recently changed my topic so the amount of research I've done isn't as much as my previous, but from the research I have gathered, I've noticed a few things. The gate is a really important symbol for the division of Berlin and I want to explore the history behind it. My research questions are the following : 
There was a long-denied freedom to walk through the gate. Why and when was this?
What is the history behind the fact that this gate is a symbol for division and re-unification? 
Why is this such a popular spot for leaders, such as Napoleon, Reagan, and Obama, to make speeches and gather at? 
Who designed the gate and where did this architecture originate from? 
I want to explore the gate itself, but more the history behind it. Since it is a part of the Berlin Wall, hopefully I can contain my information to the Gate itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment