Thursday, March 19, 2009

Was it the right thing to do?

I thinkt that this video was a carefully planned attempt at a politically correct video about the dropping of an atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki that also kept in mind the respect for the Japanese who had that hell thrust upon them. Firstly, I think that the video did a good job describing the state of mind post explosino with the war being won, I don't think that the Americans could have fully graspt the magnitude of what had just happened. For me, someone who was born over 40 years post-blast, I can look at this footage and learn what horror dictates modern politics and this thread that holds the world togeather. Also I think that it is going to continue to dictate the way we live because we now know about the horror that is the atomic bomb. The last thing that the video showed that impressed me was this concept which is still widely explored which is: did we do the right thing taking all of those Japanese lives to save the American lives that we did? I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you, Kyle. Your points are backed with strong evidence and I like how you truly give us your opinion. Later, you may want to look back at this and fix the multiple spelling mistakes, but spelling is easier to fix than concepts. Your concepts are strong and I think that this blog is quite strong.

    ReplyDelete