Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Yad Vashem

What intrigues me  about my monument Yad Vashem, is it's interesting shape and architecture. The shape is so abstract, that I am sure there is meaning and organization behind the way the monument appears. Another interesting question I had was why was this monument built so soon after Israel became a state? Did the citizens believe this was a good way to spend money on their first major purchase? I am not even sure if it was a major purchase, I would like to find out the cost that went into the monument and how much labor was needed. Did the amount of money spent have a positive or negative affect on the people? Also, how was the money raised to build this monument and who were the major donors? Also, I would like to research why Yad Vashem was built in Jerusalem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment