Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Cold War....BRRRRR

When I interviewed my mom, she did not know exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned the Cold War. On the other hand, my dad said he knew what it was and that it was going on, but he didn't really care so much at the time since he was a teenager. He said that Romania wasn't part of the Cold War but since the Romanian government was communist, the government sided with Russia. My father, however,  said that he  liked American government and despised  communism. An interesting thing he told me was that he remembered there being a radio station that was called "The Voice of America" and that it  was illegal  to listen to this station and those that did listen to it, were sent to jail (If someone told the cops) since it completely talked smack about communism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment