Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Dad's Story

My dad remebered very little from this time seeing that he was only seven when the majority of the Cold War happened. One thing that I found interesting was when I asked him when it ended he said that it still hasn't. And this reminded me of our talk with Ms. Pugliese's friend Em. Another event he clearly remebered was Bay of Pigs. He said that he remebered the day that it began and said it felt like weeks until the Russian boats finally turned around. Another thing he remebered was building a bomb shelter below his house with his grandfather. He vividly remebers taking bags of cement, bricks, canned foods, and cupboards into the basement of his house. Later he built the bomb shelter with his grandfather which still exists today. Truthfully, both my father and mother remebered very little and never truly were scared for their lives during the Cold War.

No comments:

Post a Comment