Thursday, May 21, 2009

Written Work over the Course of the Year

Hmmm. Last blog post. When looking back at all my other posts, and written work in general, it occurs to me what a tremendous amount of writing I did over the last nine months. Over the course of this year, I have written more than in another class, any other year. This has improved my writing; however, submitting my homework under the form of a blog has helped me even more.

Thanks to blogging, and perhaps even the very layout of the text box that I write in every night, I am able to see the sequence of my ideas more clearly. I am also able to seperate these different ideas into paragraphs, and make sure that each paragraph is coherent in itself, goes into enough depth about the idea that I want to talk about, and relates to my topic as a whole.

In addition, blogging has enabled me to start each homework with a stronger opening and closing than normal work would have. In blogs, I find it much easier to go back and correct sentences, straighten things that previously did not make any sense out, and add in more information than to do so on a sheet of paper. On paper, one has to constantly worry about running out of space, and making the document legible, when correcting ideas, but on a blog, this constraint is lifted, and freedom ensues.

Another convenient feature of the blog is my ability to see my work progress, and grow. This becomes easier as I can easily view all my previous posts at once, and identify their strengths and weaknesses, to help improve my newest posts. This feature of the blog has definitely helped accelerate my improvement as a writer over the year. 

It's funny to think that thanks to this blog, which I grew more and more familiar with over the last few months of MWH, I may be ever the more prepared for History next year. For all I know, I may even have possibly even gained skills that could be of use for the rest of my life. And on that note, I wish the blog farewell.

1 comment:

  1. We're almost done with sophomore year.
    It's a bittersweet thought, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete