Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Put it in Its Place

I think that chronological order is important in a textbook, but I believe that in the case of World War II since it has so many facets, it should be broken down by subject matter rather than date. I think that there should be 4 chapter covering the events leading up to, the war, and post war events/life. To start with events leading up to the war I think that there should be a chapter about the Holocaust and the Japanese/German/Russian rise to power. Also I think that the chapter should be divided with the holocaust on one side and the rising powers on the other with each separate topic laid out chronologically. For the chapters on fighting the war I think that it should be divided with one chapter on Europe and one on the Pacific. The last chapter should be about the events post Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Within all of the chapters I think that chronological order sounds like a good way to lay it out except for the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment