Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Was it right or was it wrong

I tend to believe that dropping the Atomic Bomb was the right decision, although after watching the video it is very hard to stay to my initial beliefs.  Although by dropping the bombs, it brought instant success to the US, I don't think everything was taken into consideration.  I think the correct decision would have been to destroy the bomb and just hope that it never comes back again.  Atom bombs have just created another thing to worry about.  Another thing that should have been taken into consideration is were they should have dropped the bomb.  I do agree that a secluded island is better than mainland japan, but a large military camp seems like it would be much more fitting that some random islands.  I'm sure there is some reason as to why the chose Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it just seems cruel to bomb two what seem like residential islands.  Ultimately, I think the right choice would have been to do away with atom bombs which would probably have been an almost impossible decision for them to make at the time.  If a world power is in a time of war, and they realize that they have a ground breaking discovery in the field of weaponry, it is almost impossible for them to not exploit it, even if it would be better if they didn't, or at least better for the good of the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment