Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Becoming a More Concise Writer

The most important thing that I have taken away from this class is how to be a better writer. I have had to make my writing much more concise and focused. This is largly due to the blog and the fact that my posts always looked so much longer than everyone else's. When I looked at my posts, which were in a smaller font than everyone else's but longer than everyone else's, I felt the need to find a way to make them shorter, and I went back through and took out any unneeded words and sentences. In the end, I think that I succeeded in becoming more concise; even though my posts still tend to be long, they are still shorter than what I started with. This informal way of writing that allows me to see the writing of others as well has truly helped me to become a better writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment