Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Final Review- A Last Post Salute

Ms. Pugliese  A block. What a year. With A block being the most enlightened block (for obvious reasons), I was able to grab the reins of world history in an incredibly unique way. The improvement I am most proud of in this class is my new approach/perspective upon history as a whole. The history classes in years previous have seemed like a routine of going through the motions, compared to my engaged and thoughtful experiences as a sophomore in World History. Because of the way we go about class, history has provoked an interest that goes beyond facts and dates. I discovered that the past is ultimately a connection to the contemporary themes in politics, society, and economics that dominate our lives today. Although I cannot say I fully understand the mysterious power of history in our world, I feel that I have drastically improved my ability to comprehend what it means to me as a white teenager in suburban America. I feel in some way that Ms. Pugliese A block has taught me more about analyzing the blur that is life and academics, and how to approach this blur with an open mind and an opinionated voice. I now have a better idea about how history affects the patterns and form of my lifestyle- I am ready and able to question anything that comes my way. As Ms. Pugliese warned us, our ideas and beliefs will change with the seasons, but the most important part of this is that we allow our beliefs to change. And with these components of new knowledge in history, I have seen my writing transform from a plain piece of paper w/ facts on it to a crafted essay that strives to find ideas lurking in  the corners of historical elements. I now find the desire to explore on my own, to simply deepen my understanding of the world around me. History isn't just history, basically. So to conclude, I thank Ms. Pugliese for opening these doors and I enthusiastically thank my fellow classmates of A block (reppin' for life) for helping to ignite the classroom. It really was fun. Thank you, and goodnight.

1 comment: