Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Post Colonization Pop Culture

Since I am not much of a reader in my free time, I haven't read any books about colonialization besides ones read in school. The ones that we have read in school are "Kite Runner" because it talks about how the Taliban came to power in Afghanistan and "Things Fall Apart", because it shows how the europeans came into Africa and tried to colonize it. Although I haven't read many books about colonialization, I have watched a few movies. I have seen "The Kingdom" which is about a secret service group going into the Middle East (I can't remember which country) and try to stop terrorism, but have to deal with the government power and foreign rule. I also saw "Blood Diamond" which is about diamond hunting in Africa and the live that people live there. It also shows the impact that the europeans have had on the countries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment