Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I've learned this year in History:

First, I learned (started to learn at least) the balance between messing around in class (influencing the "back corner") and focusing and being extremely attentive in class. There are times when you can "mess" around in class. You can still joke around in class and still learn the material of the class and not be too disruptive.

Second, I have learned a lot about gathering and using evidence in essays (and any other writing like on the blog) this year. I need to come up with the evidence then write my thesis and not do it the other way around, because then my thesis will probably be lacking.

Third, I have learned a lot about research. Research isn't just about using wikipedia for all of my information. Research is about getting reputable sources and coming up with my own ideas, not just the easiest ideas to write about because all of the evidence is in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment