Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Textbook and Me

If I were the author of the textbook I would do things a bit different in terms of facts and events. First, the book does facts and dates in terms of events and big ideas. However, I would simply make all the facts, events, and ideas chronologically because I get confused when trying to make timelines and event sheets when we have read the events/ideas out of order. Also if you make the facts chronologically you can see what turns into what or the "domino effect" which creates abetter understanding what fell into what. The textbook uses a way to turn events and facts into big ideas which can be good for thesis ideas and essays so I see why the textbook portrays this style. Lastly, I think that the textbook should not have separated The Holocaust and WWII because there directly related and go hand in hand such as motives for the war and why people were fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment