Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Textbook Organization

In my opinion, the way that our textbook organizes the WWII section is very confusing. It splits all of the countries into different sections and then within those sections organizes the events chronologically. If I were writing this chapter, I would have just organized the whole war chronologically instead of splitting up the individual countries and events. This way, readers of the chapter wouldn't have to jump around to different sections trying to find what happened in a certain year, and instead could just look at it in order. I also think that the Holocaust was not talked about enough. The book dedicated something like one or two pages to the description of it, however it does not go into any detail on the effects that this event had on the world. I would have split WWII and the Holocaust into two different chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment