Monday, April 20, 2009

Rhodes Memorial Sources

First I'll start off with my Journalistic piece.  Unfortunately there aren't very many news articles about my memorial, so for the time being I only have one Journalistic piece.   I found was a Article from the New York Times about not specifically the Rhodes Memorial, but about Cecil Rhodes himself.  When  trying to learn as much as you can about a Memorial it is almost just as useful to research the person or event the memorial is commemorating.  

Also since the Rhodes memorial is located in Cape Town, South Africa, I found the website for the Cape Times.  I found a good article about a recent defacement of a statue of Cecil Rhodes.  This article would have explained a lot about how the public in South Africa viewed Cecil Rhodes.  However, in order to access the article you had to pay and subscribe to the Cape times, so Unfortunately this article didn't end up working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment