Thursday, March 5, 2009

Appeasement

Appeasement is used widely for pacifieng one who is angry or upset. When one person showes emotions that you want to change, you want to make them feel better in order to get something that you either want or dont want to happen. In my life there have been numerous situations where I used this to prevent further tension from happening. One way that I have used this in the past is promosing something that I will do so that the person who is upset calms down. Such as saying i will do some chores when my parents are upset by my behvaious. By seeing someone doing what they want makes the person cool down. But this does not always work. There have been instances where someone is set on a path that cannot be changed, and only see the purpose of your appeasement-to move the person away from their path. Appesement is widely used in politics to further the power and control of the political system.

No comments:

Post a Comment