Monday, March 16, 2009

My Take on the Textbook

I like the textbook's take on separating WWII and the Holocaust because I think it allows you to get a better understanding of one of the motives behind WWII. However the Holocaust was a lot more than just one motive behind WWII. I think describing it in depth and having a whole chapter on it shows its significance not only to learn from this mistake in the future, but because it is one- if not the biggest genocide we have seen. Since the Holocaust is still very recent in world history it is not said this won't happen again, but focusing this much on one issue illustrates the severity of the genocide. I think the Holocaust is way to broad of a topic to try to fit into the WWII chapter because this chapter would have to cover too much information and start to become tedious. As George Santayana said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" is a famous quote that is usually associated with Holocaust which is what I would name my chapter on the Holocaust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment