Monday, March 16, 2009

Similar Textbook Construction

Our textbook separates the events leading up to the Holocaust and WWII by country instead of by date, which for this chapter I thought was appropriately done because so much was going on at once that inserting all that was going on in one year in all the different countries would have gotten all scrambled up. I much prefer to fully learn what happened in one country at one time and then move on to the others, so that I can naturally weave the chronological order together in my head. If I was writing this textbook, I would have done this chapter very similarly as it was done in our history textbook. I would title it The Holocaust and WWII, start with an introduction of early fascism and then its first real application with Mussolini in Italy. Then I would dive into Nazi Germany and complete the German history before moving on to the countries. Then while introducing other events experienced by other countries I would weave in connections to Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment