Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Appeasement-Oped

In our daily lives, appeasement is used in many ways. First, in any argument I use appeasement to ease the situation and to keep the argument from escalating. Just last night, I used appeasement to keep the situation from escalating. My sister and I were fighting to choose where to go to dinner. I compromised and went to the place that she wanted to keep my family from not going any where at all. Also, I think it would be interesting to see how Hitler used appeasement because in my mind it seems that he wouldn't use it at all. Although Hitler was a dictator, I'm sure he used appeasement in some way to convince his subjects in following him. Third, like Hitler I use appeasement to manipulate people to get what I want. Although I do not want to compare myself to Hitler in any way shape or form it is a common use and I use it to get what I want.
By Bobby Pender

4 comments:

  1. theres a difference between appeasement and compromization, and hitler was a dictator who wasn't known for using appeasement

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like you don't really have command between appeasement and just letting someone have what they want. I'd like to see you dig a little deeper into that difference, but well written

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although at some points you may be mixing up appeasement and compromise, I liked how you linked it to hitler and not just your daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that people had to appease for Hitler, and that is how he was able to get what he wanted. Also I liked your situation about deciding where to go for dinner, but I think towards the ending of your point it was more of a compromise than you giving in to your sister.

    ReplyDelete