Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Appease the Little One... or else

Appeasement. Very popular in my life. Especially when it comes to getting into fights with my eight year old brother, who usually wins because he's the  "innocent little one." (according to my parents) I'm sure those of you with little siblings might know what I'm talking about. In order to avoid future conflict like, for example, my brother ripping my homework or stealing my "valued items," I tend to let things go his way... sometimes. Going into chemistry class and saying "my brother ripped by poster board" won't serve as a good excuse to getting an extension/ another night to redo my work. Therefore, I tend to agree with him on certain issues and avoid making fun of him in order to avoid future conflicts like him stealing my phone to play games and dropping it on the floor. It might sound lame that my little brother wins, but he does anything to get revenge, and he does it in the blink of an eye. 
Although these events occurred when my brother and I were younger, sometimes I still have to appease him in order to avoid sad consequences. But now, I show him who's boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment