Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Appeasement

When, for example, my older sister drops off her kids at our house so that my mom can take care of them, I usually get into conflicts with them. Conflicts usually revolve around them wanting to be in my room watching TV while I do homework. Now they are ages 9 and 4, so I can't really just tell them off. I usually have to just forcefully push them out, and that makes them mad. And cry. My mom usually gets mad at me for pushing them out and says that my sister will get mad if she finds out that I'm not being nice to her kids. She usually just tells me to let them smack my arm so that they'll feel better be happy. This actually works.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling! My sister is always annoying me about something or other, and in little kids' cases, it's always just better to appease them. They won't catch on and ask for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is unfortunate for you. And well done on not appeasing your mom. you chose the right path. And very well done connecting this to Europe.

    ReplyDelete