Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Appeasement

For the most part, I am not the type of person that likes to resort to appeasement, however, this rule of thumb is broken when it comes to my needy miniature dachshunds. When Cocoa gets on my lap, I know that she will stare at me longingly wagging her tail, climb up my stomach, and lick me until I pet her. Of course, if I give into a few pats, this usual leads to a long belly rub. On days that I don't drive home, Cocoa jumps into my lap and starts her routine that ends every time with me appeasing her. My dogs are the only ones that I appease: my parents are not so lucky. With my parents I would much rather argue it out than let them have their way without substantial reasoning. The only times I recall appeasing them is if I am wrong, lethargic, or lackadaisical.

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you are able to defend yourself when you talk to your parents, I always find myself backing down and letting them win...

    Also, if I had your dogs I would totally spoil them...they are really really cute. At least there are no consequences when you do appease them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your piece a lot, Madalena. This happens with me and my bunny too. I can completely symphatize with you. My parents aren't very lucky either and I often argue with them as well.

    ReplyDelete