Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Appeasement

Normally I use appeasement with my parents. When they ask me to do chores, like walking my dog or cleaning the table, I just say ok. I avoid arguing with them, or trying to get out of it because I know that they will win in the end and they will just end up mad. Other times that I use appeasement is if I am arguing or debating with someone and I know that it is going no where. Neither of us are going to sway our opinions, and so I normally just give up. This is simply easier than continuing an endless argument.

2 comments:

  1. Very good! Short and to the point, very concise and your point is very clearly there and stated. Great example of appeasement in daily lives, this is a very common example that may not be as obvious as others. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if your first example is appeasement, but your second def. is. Its good that you do your chores. Also arguing is for chumps so I am also very glad that you dont argue.

    ReplyDelete